Thursday, August 25, 2011

HOPE FOR TOMORROW



It was my brother’s birthday. He would be 12 years old tomorrow. Birthday time was a special time at our house. There would be a cake. We would have friends over for a party. There would be games. We would have a great time. And at the center of all that would be my 12 year old brother. Everyone looked forward to the good times. My brother had hinted around that he wanted a special game. I forget the name of the game now but I remember it was a special game. It was the top of the line. We all kept wishing that he would get the gift. No one was around when we found the gift. It was wrapped in real thick paper and was hidden behind the sofa. We felt it and the weight seemed just about right. We shook it and it sounded right. We tried to look through the paper but it was too thick. Finally we raised up the tape and removed just a little corner of the paper. It was The Game. Just what he wanted. It was perfect. Then came the realization that we already knew the gift was The Game. All at once we realized that tomorrow would not be so special. We knew ahead of time. There was nothing to look for at the birthday party. There was no mystery. The excitement of hope was gone.

As Christians we hope for God’s glory that will be revealed in Heaven. We have anticipation. We look forward to a place so wonderful that we can not fathom it’s beauty. If we were given a preview of Heaven we could no longer bear to live in this world. Until we are called from this temporary home to our Heavenly Home we live in Hope for the future that awaits us. Be patient and live for Him. Glory to God in Heaven!
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD



5 comments:

jel said...

yup that's true!


hope ya have a save weekend!

child of God said...

I haven't seen heaven except in the visual images my mind creates when I read the Bible and already I am so anxious to be there because what I see is way better than this world.

Blessings,
<><

Gorges Smythe said...

My sister used to do that, but she never learned.

Never Forsaken said...

For sure it will be something to look forward to. I liked how you said " if we were given a preview of heaven we could no longer bear to live in this world."

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Jel.