Sunday, September 25, 2011

THE HELPLESS




I was discussing a problem at work and someone said – God helps those who help themselves - That’s in the Bible. I didn’t think about it until later when I was reading my Bible at home. I tried to find it in the Bible. I couldn’t find it. I went on the internet and couldn’t find it. Suddenly I realized it’s not in the Bible. It doesn’t say – God helps those who help themselves. In fact it is a very different story. God helps those who can’t help themselves. God helped those who didn’t even realize they needed help. God sees things differently than we see them. We think we have our own solutions to our problems. We have pride in our abilities. We think we know it all. Sometimes He allows us to fail in order to show that we need Him. All of us have problems. Sometimes we are at the end of our rope. We think there is nothing else to be done. It’s over. We have to give up our home. It’s time for the Bank to take over. We can no longer make payments. Maybe there is sickness in your family. Cancer is anawful disease of our time. The doctor gives you a few months to live. There are no treatments that will work. It’s too late. The cancer has taken over your entire body. No! It’s time for God’s grace. God’s grace is there for people who recognize they can’t help themselves. Are you feeling helpless today? Go to God’s throne of grace.
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

10 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

The Lord gets accused of saying a lot of things that He didn't really say, like "Cleanliness is next to godliness." I've seen people swear up and down that it's in there, but it's not!

And you're right, The opposite is more the case.

Gerry Adams said...

Good post JT. I hope you have a nice week!

Starry Dawn said...

Good Morning, dear friend, John!!
I read my Bible, and I agree with you in today's post. God indeed, helps the helpless, if they pray and believe in Him with true faith in Him. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with the world, John!!
You always share good food for thoughts, and thoughts provoking issues. Great post, dear!!
Thank you also, for your warm birthday wishes you sent on my way!! We celebrated with our dear friends, and my best friends, my 3 cats. If we have joy, health and peace, that is plenty for us. Praise the Lord for His many blessings on us, sweet John!!
Please, visit my blog often, dear.
God's richest blessings may always abound in your life!!
Much Love in Christ,
Poet Starry Dawn.

child of God said...

Hi JT,
Cool post! Funny how quotes can be linked to the Bible. I did a bit of searching on the net and the founder of this quote is Benjamin Franklin.
http://angelaharris.hubpages.com/hub/Misquoted-Bible-Verses

I believe he took the idea from 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12
10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.


Blessings brother,
<><

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Gorges.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Gerry.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Starry Dawn.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Child Of God.

A Christian said...

Wow.. This is a great post! Have a great day JT

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Francis.