Tuesday, October 11, 2011

FOCUS ON HEAVENLY THINGS



You’re standing in line at the grocery store. You hope the Ice Cream in your cart is not melting. Your mind starts wandering. I hope the car is still parked by that little sports car. With my luck the sports car left and a huge van is parked in the next space. I can just see the door of that van slamming into the side of my car. You look at the person’s shoes in front of you. I need to get some shoes like those. Wonder what store has them. You look at the woman ringing up the groceries on the cash register. She really has nice hair. I’ve always liked red hair. She sure is pretty. Look at her lips. She has a nice figure. Before you know it your mind is wandering in the wrong direction. As a man you must keep your eyes on the goal. You are trying to live like Jesus. The Devil will creep in if you let him. Matthew 6:25 says we are not to worry about what we eat or drink or what we wear. Life is more than food and the body more than the clothes we wear. Don’t worry about money or your car or your home. Keep your focus on God and your home in Heaven.
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

10 comments:

jel said...

a good post there JT,


but ya know some times it get's hard to stay Focus

Dana Rongione said...

This is the second post I've read this morning about thinking on the right things. Unsurprisingly, I needed it. I have been bombarded recently with worries and stresses that I have no control over. One thought leads to another, and before long, I'm so distracted from my spiritual walk. Thanks for the powerful reminder!

Deborah Ann said...

Thank you for being real. Too often we're pretending, denying the fact that we face real challenges and obstacles everyday, just going out in public! Being honest will help us stay closer to God...

Never Forsaken said...

This story reminds me of the old saying about how "idle hands are the devils playground". I think it is too easy for the devil to use our idle brains when we are not thinking about the Lord. Good post.
~Blessings~

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Jel. Stay focused on God.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Dana.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Deborah Ann.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Never Forsaken.

Starry Dawn said...

Hi JT,
Yes!! I agree with you.
Many people are just concentrated in material things instead of spiritual ones.
The world is going to the wrong direction. I pray to live in a better world for all of us.
God gave us a choice to choose from right or wrong.
I chose to do and store good deeds for my everlasting life, if God decides to keep me in Heaven with Him. I would like to be chosen.
Thank you, JT, for sharing your wisdom with the world!!
I love your wonderful blog. This one is great food for thoughts.
Thank you also, for your kind words in your Emails, John!!
God bless you, and those you love!!
Blessings and Love in Christ,
Poet Starry Dawn.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Starry Dawn.