Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TALENTS



Many years ago my Sunday School Teacher asked me to stay after class. What did I do now? The others got up and left. I was there alone with the Teacher. Everyone called him Mr. Carl. That was his first name. He was called Mr. Carl because he was respected by everyone. He was a man of few words. He said – John, I want you to teach next Sunday. I was shocked. I reminded him that I was only 17 years old. I was a just another boy in the class. He told me that he had a talk with God and God wanted me to teach the class next Sunday. He said that I had a talent and God wanted me to use it. He said I needed to study the lesson and read the Bible and be prepared for next Sunday. He stood to his feet, said see you next Sunday, turned and left the room. I remember the first lesson was about Joseph and his coat of many colors. That was 53 years ago. I have been teaching ever since that first Sunday. I remember the Parable of the Talents. I was the man with only 1 talent – Teaching Sunday School. You have at least one talent. You may have more than one. When you are called upon to use your talents, use them for the glory of God.
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

9 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

The "only" talent that you have is a very important one. May God bless you for using it.

Never Forsaken said...

I am very grateful Mr. Carl listened to God!
You are an important teacher of TRUTH. ~God Bless~Lisa

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Never Forsaken.

Starry Dawn said...

Hi John,
Wonderful food for thoughts you have written as always!! It's good to know that you have been teaching the word of God for so many years. In other words, you are a messenger of the Lord Jesus Christ, a wonderful gift to you.
Praise the Lord!!
Jesus used to teach with Parables. Many times, Jesus had to explain His parables to His disciples. Well, Happy Father's Day, John with those you love!!
Have a blessed day!!
Thank your for your kind comments in my blogs, and your lovely messages!!
God may always bless you with showers of blessings in your way and those you love, John!!
Blessings,
Poet Starry.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Starry.

Eddie Heramia said...

Truly indeed.. True leaders can really discern who the next leader are, or who are potential leaders :-)

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

What a great lesson he taught you!

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Elizabeth.

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Eddie.